Monday, April 14, 2008

The Pictures Are Real!

A picture is worth a thousand words....DALTON DID IT!

Those of you who know Dalton also know that he has always had an abnormal terror of dogs....cats too but dogs the worst.



Our neighbors have some really fun boys that my older kids have become friends with and they also have this four year old Golden Retriever, Lacy. Well, for Dalton to play with the friends he has had to address his dog issue head on. The other day Dalton was on their trampoline (put there by the neighbor dad) and the dog decided to jump on and join him for some fun. According to the account given by his sister he sat on the trampoline making a crying/nervous energy type noise and stroked the dogs fur several times before the dog jumped off the tramp. Dalton made his way home to tell me what happened and was very upset about it. Later that night he confessed that is was actually a little fun the pet the dog.

Several days later here he is....we are so proud of Dalton and his accomplishment and we are thankful for neighbors who keep such kid friendly dogs as pets (no pitbulls here)!



8 comments:

Shaela said...

Way to go Dalton!

Easton said...

I'm so happy for you Dalton! I know what an accomplishment that is! I too had the same feelings and experiences as a child. I'm glad you're conquering your fear! Now, I just Caylee is do the same thing!

elements: overexposed said...

Yeah!

Jen said...

That is awesome, Dalton! That is a great accomplishment! I remember how scared you were. Now the next step is to admit you want to become a veterinarian! ;)

Hibbs Family said...

Yeah Dalton!

Anonymous said...

Dalton you are the man . I hope you and your new dog friend have fun together . grandma Hunter is proud of you ! love ya

Nicole said...

Good job Dalton! and what a fun mom to document such a big life event.

Yvonne Kizerian said...

Yea! Another almost-dog-lover! Pretty soon he's going to be bringing them home and having them sleep in his room. (i.e. Ace and Eva)

Contributors