Just as we were leaving church, Sunny decided to head-plant it into the glass door and hit her forehead on the metal edging (yep, she was running around like a total maniac while I was putting on her sisters coat), but I'd say she still didn't deserve the wound. The slice didn't bleed immediately, but each time she would cry, and yes, she was CRYING, it would bulge and open up...enough to make me light headed and want to pass out.
We have a pediatrician in our ward and I visit teach his wife and we just quickly dropped by their house to ask him if the slice required stitches.....yep.
We went home, got Sunny some fishy crackers for a snack, and they were on their way. Thirty minutes later they were home and the job was done. We asked the nurses (whom I called before Stevey and Sunny left) if they could just glue the wound together vs get stitches and have the stitching marks left in her head....the pediatrician neighbor recommended the same thing.
Sunny was the star of the Community Care. The personnel there couldn't believe that she didn't cry and asked how old she was. They told a story of a sixteen year old who was just in having the same procedure done as Sunny, but was acting more like you would expect a two year old to act.....we are so proud.
At bedtime in the crib, Sunny decided to pick at the glue because she was distraught about having to go to bed and popped it open. We pulled out our own stash of super glue and redid the job. By morning Sunny had picked it again and had blood running down her face...nice. An hour later I just happened to run into our same neighbor pediatrician at the store and he advised me to leave it alone and once it heals to keep vitamin E on the scar tissue to help it look better. Can you imagine the mess we would have had if Sunny had stitches and started picking at them. GROSS!




All better.
All better.
2 comments:
she's a brave little girl,just don't take the fishy crackers away!I'am glad she is doing better. Steve looked like he needed some fishy crackers too.things happen in a flash,super glue ,I'll have to remember that one. Grandma H.
I am sure now that Cooper and Sunny are the same....they probably should not marry each other... can you imagine their kids? But Sunny gets the golden star for no tears....Cooper ALWAYS has tears! So glad to see she is better.
Post a Comment