Friday, May 28, 2010

5th Grade Science Project

This was officially our first science project.

Zoie and her friend Annie did this science project together....The Petri Dish Experiment. Their Hypothesis was that the school computer lab keyboards would have the most bacteria and then took nine other samples around the school to see if that was correct. They sampled; the office telephone, water fountain button, after school hand, monkey bars, keyboards, gym floor, door knob, library book, girls bathroom knob.

They let the samples grow and documented daily growth for at least five days and found that the gym floor had the most germs and growth. They worked so hard and did such a great job. We (the moms and families) were very proud of them.

*These petri dishes with the bacterial growth were SO sickening and STINKY! I personally never smelt them because I have a natural response to grossness. If something looks gross I mouth breath through clenched teeth (as not to then taste the stinkyness). Everyone else testified of the stench and I believe it.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool Zoie way to go you brainiack(sp?)-Cass

Grandma Dalton said...

Zoie you always amaze me. Now you are a scientist in progress. Love ya...

Anonymous said...

wow!Zoie you are a regular CSI agent.what a fun project.you two did a lot of work.come on mom give it a wiff! love you,grandma H.

Contributors