The Spring Ballet recital was called the "Flying Ballerina" based on the story of "Dumbo". You couldn't exactly have an elephant flying around the stage so the story was changed into a flying ballerina.
Zoie was the Ring Master. For her solo she had to do a a pirouette and two forte turns together. Imagine her elation as she NAILED it and actually had the audience gasp and awe at her accomplishment. Her mother (me) spontaneously started to cry while giving a high five to my husband!
Zoie, Caitlin, and Kenna danced their finally together and it was beautiful. They danced with confidence, joy and beauty. Ballet is such a beautiful art.
As the Ring Master it was Zoie's job to lead in the elephants (three and four year olds). When she ushered them all out the audience it was a crowd pleaser....they were SO adorable.
Miss Kristen and a real ballerina herself previously danced with Ballet West. We have loved her and are very sad to have her retire from teaching for now. It has been such a joy to work with her and have her instill in our "petite ballerina" a love for the dance.






3 comments:
Zoie, my "beautiful ballerina". You are so incredibly polished as a dancer, I'm so proud of you! I MUST be there for your next performance.
Zoie, you are the cutest ringmaster I have ever seen! Congrats on your great performance.
Oh Zoie I would have loved to see you dancing,you have beauty and talent of a ballerina.I'am so proud of you.no wonder Clover loves to dance too,you are her star ,such beauty,love you,grandma H.
Post a Comment